The open plan living area, much like the rest of the home, features wooden accents, from the timber clad feature wall to the beautiful oak dining table and chairs. Star of the living room though, is the Optimist, smoke effect, log stove, which sits in a huge fireplace accentuated by a real flagstone hearth.
This living space is perfect for cosy nights in front of the fire, but because the entire front of the home is glazed, on crisp clear mornings you can sit with a steaming mug of coffee and the morning papers and really let the outside in.
Muted shades are continued throughout the home’s country kitchen. The combination of cream kitchen units with oak knobs and an oak block work-top really bring the kitchen to life. And with an integrated, fridge-freezer and dishwasher the kitchen is neat and streamlined. Did we mention there’s even an integrated wine cooler with glass frontage – to keep that perfect bottle of white nice and chilled?
Not only does the impressive entrance hall make a statement when entering the home, it’s also secretly practical. It’s fitted with two, large, floor-to-ceiling cupboards, one, to keep coats, shoes and everyday bits and pieces tidy and one, to hide away the washer/dryer. There’s even room for an oak desk area, complete with an iPod docking station!
The large master bedroom has everything you would expect, including a beautiful Victorian-style bed with brass embellishments, oak bedside cabinets and an oak dressing table and stool. But what you might not expect is a walk-through wardrobe with built-in, floor-to-ceiling, shelving space, and a large chest of drawers – which all leads onto the immaculate en-suite shower room. Bedroom two makes the most out of every inch with two beautiful oak bunk beds and two built in wardrobes, so guests can be welcomed – and with a home like this to visit, they may not want to leave!
The main bathroom has a second shower and a free standing, roll top bath with chrome feet – just perfect for a long hot soak after a day spent in the country, or even just a day spent reading a book in front of the fire! This stunning country lodge is aptly named as once you’ve seen it for yourself it will most certainly be finders keepers!
- Built to BS3632:2015 residential standards
- Thermowood shiplap cladding
- Black uPVC windows, doors, fascias and soffits
- Huge fireplace with solid wood mantelpiece and natural grey flagstone hearth
- Optimist, smoke effect log stove
- Feature – natural, oak engineered, wall to fire and bar area
- All integrated appliances including a built-in wine cooler
- Large cupboard with two doors housing washer-dryer
- Natural finish wooden doors
- Natural oak engineered wood flooring to inner hallway and kitchen
- Designer pelmets in wool-mix fabrics on some windows
- Centre glass island cooker hood
- King-size black metal Victorian bed, with brass embellishments
- Chunky oak dressing table and mirror
- Two wooden bunk beds to second bedroom
- Two walk-in showers
- Oak wash stations with deep vessel basins in bathroom and en-suite
- Single ended roll bath with chrome feet in bathroom
- Option of dressing up kit – which includes matching cushions and bed runners